Autosled provides dealers, transporters, auctioneers, brokers, and individuals that are relocating with seamless, efficient, and digital vehicle transport options. New and used cars, trucks, motorcycles, classic and luxury vehicles are all regularly shipped nationwide. Our investors hail from Tesla, Google and Salesforce and have helped us grow six fold in the past year to quickly become a leader in the automotive transport marketplace with thousands of transporters and auto dealerships already on the platform!
AutoSled’s engineering team is comprised of local and remote members collaborating closely on rapidly evolving products and internal solutions. We help our AutoSled teammates navigate the complexities of high volume automotive shipping, provide our customers reliable and transparent services via web and mobile apps, and empower transporters with increased bookings and fast payment.
We are seeking a technical leader with hands-on experience as a senior engineer to help grow our development operations. This role will aid in the ongoing maturation and optimization of our development processes, mentor and provide for the growth of all members, and align closely with the business to solve problems and optimize our operations.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re ambitious and practical, energized by solving problems and have a solid sense for evaluating risks.
Communication and effective expectation management are crucial in our environment as we emphasize a culture of agility, ownership and camaraderie.
What’s In It for You
AutoSled is a strongly backed startup on an exciting trajectory with diverse and experienced leadership to draw upon. As a member of our team you’ll have regular exposure to top emerging technology and the opportunity to learn and create in a rapidly evolving space. Benefits include healthcare, 401k, stock options, companywide success bonus, paid vacation, remote work flexibility and competitive base compensation.
As part of AutoSled engineering, you’ll work in cross-disciplinary teams with a direct impact on customers through engaging and intuitive software solutions. You will give and receive mentorship and have hands-on access to enterprise-class tools.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Hybrid-remote role
- During ramp-up and for the first 90 days, significant time will be required on-site at the Rockville, MD headquarters
- Occasional ad hoc visits required to Rockville, MD or Birmingham, AL for collaborative work including strategic and/or product design sessions
- Day-to-day elements of the role can be performed remote. We emphasize on site work primarily for situations of heavier collaboration
- Lead the design, development and deployment of backend and frontend solutions
- Collaborate with other internal teams including Business Development, Transporter Support, Operations, Finance etc. for design and feedback
- Regularly facilitate teamwide standups, design sessions, roadmap planning, backlog management, code reviews, etc.
- Lead research, experimentation and prototyping efforts with effective delegation for the growth of individual teammates and democratization of knowledge
- Enforce strong coding, testing and documentation habits to support the upkeep of an efficient, scalable and maintainable product set
- Manage application tooling and analysis of utilization, support and performance metrics
- Monitor, evaluate and teach estimation practices
- Assist troubleshooting efforts
- Lead by example
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in software product development
- 2+ years experience at a senior engineering level
- Proficiency with:
- C# and SQL
- Unit testing
- Source management
- REST APIs
- Senior level experience with MVC or similar design patterns and persisted data models
- Familiarity with cloud technologies including virtual networking, storage, message queues, VMs, serverless tech (Lambda, Azure Functions or the like)
- Strong debugging and tracing tool experience
- Strong research, time management, communication and organizational skills
- Patient, empathetic and collaborative personality
Nice to Have
- Node.js, Python, React, React Native
- Troubleshooting, performance monitoring and network analysis tools
- MicroServices or Service Oriented Architecture
- Design for high transaction volume, concurrency and resiliency
- Test-driven development
- EDI and other legacy data interchange formats
- Previous team lead experience including mentoring of junior and internship roles
Introduction and Screening – .5 hour
- Casual conversation on general background, work history and any relevant domain experience
Technical Interview – 2 hours
- Two topics will be provided in advance for code review and design discussion
- Whiteboarding – freeform design and/or pseudocoding session
- General Q&A
Roundtable – 2 hours
- Part 1: Development team Q&A 1 hour
- Part 2: Business and adjacent teams Q&A 1 hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Autosled is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.