Autosled provides dealers, transporters, auctioneers, brokers, and individuals that are relocating with seamless, efficient, and digital vehicle transport options. New and used cars, trucks, motorcycles, classic and luxury vehicles are all regularly shipped nationwide. Our investors hail from Tesla, Google and Salesforce and have helped us grow six fold in the past year to quickly become a leader in the automotive transport marketplace with thousands of transporters and auto dealerships already on the platform!
AutoSled’s engineering team is comprised of local and remote members collaborating closely on rapidly evolving products and internal solutions. We help our AutoSled teammates navigate the complexities of high volume automotive shipping, provide our customers reliable and transparent services via web and mobile apps, and empower transporters with increased bookings and fast payment.
Senior Mobile Engineer
We are seeking an experienced mobile engineer to help grow our development operations. This role will aid in the design and development of exciting new features for our mobile tools (Android and iOS) and help mentor junior team members.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re ambitious and practical, energized by solving problems and have a solid sense for evaluating risks. Communication and effective expectation management are crucial in our environment as we emphasize a culture of agility, ownership and camaraderie.
What’s In It for You
AutoSled is a strongly backed startup on an exciting trajectory with diverse and experienced leadership to draw upon. As a member of our team you’ll have regular exposure to top emerging technology and the opportunity to learn and create in a rapidly evolving space. Benefits include healthcare, 401k, stock options, companywide success bonus, paid vacation, remote work flexibility and competitive base compensation.
As part of AutoSled engineering, you’ll work in cross-disciplinary teams with a direct impact on customers through engaging and intuitive software solutions. You will give and receive mentorship and have hands-on access to enterprise-class tools.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Hybrid-remote role
- During ramp-up and for the first 90 days, visits to Rockville, MD or Birmingham, AL may be required
- Occasional ad hoc visits to Rockville, MD or Birmingham, AL for collaborative work including strategic and/or product design sessions
- Day-to-day elements of the role can be performed remote. We emphasize on site work primarily for situations of heavier collaboration
- Assist with the design, architecture, development and support of AutoSled mobile applications
- Perform research, experimentation and prototyping efforts in coordination with other teams and delegating effectively to junior mobile engineers to aid their growth
- Demonstrate strong coding, testing and documentation habits to support the upkeep of an efficient, scalable and maintainable product set
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in software product development
- 1+ years experience at a senior engineering level
- Proficiency with:
- React Native
- iOS and Android native tools and languages
- Unit testing
- Source management
- REST APIs
- Strong debugging and tracing tool experience
- Strong research, time management, communication and organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Troubleshooting, performance monitoring and network analysis tools
- MicroServices or Service Oriented Architecture
- Design for high transaction volume, concurrency and resiliency
- Test-driven development
• Introduction and Screening – .5 hour
Casual conversation on general background, work history and any relevant domain experience
•Technical Interview – 2 hours
a. Two topics will be provided for code review and design discussion
b. Whiteboarding – freeform design and/or pseudocoding session
c. General Q&A
• Roundtable – 1 hour
Development team Q&A
Autosled is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.