by Mike Buerger
Who we are:
Autosled is the next – generation automotive logistics platform and marketplace. We’re reimagining the process of how to move a vehicle from A to B using proprietary technology designed to simplify operations and maximize efficiency. Our network connects the entire transport ecosystem – dealers, transporters, individuals, brokers, fleet managers, auctions and partners – to make automotive shipping easier.
What we’re looking for:
Autosled is looking for a highly motivated Inside Business Development Representative, who is excited about the automotive and logistics industry! In this role your primary focus will be to support the executive leadership team, through fostering positive relationships with our current and future shipping partners. In addition, this position will work on warm leads to grow your book of business and enhance our industry leading customer service.
- Work directly with Autosled’s Operations team to fully understand how the organization operates within every aspect of our online dashboard.
- Coordinate with dealers / transporters on how to understand problems and how to resolve them
- Work directly with the VP of Business Development and Chief Revenue Officer to manage their day to day operational items.
- Keep an eye on emergency shipments to make sure they are dispatched in an appropriate time frame
- Build loads in our online application when needed
- Assist with prospecting customers with creating or responding to Linkedin messages, emailing, or cold calling
- Work with transporters and dealers to verify loans have been delivered
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-3 years of direct sales experience
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently and a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent in-person and over the phone communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work in the office at-least four days a week. Potential to work from home on Friday’s
- Ability to manage multiple accounts at one time
- Customer service experience required
- Proficient in computer skills covering Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, and etc. (when necessary)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Automotive or SaaS experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive Salary
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Variable commission
- Flexible schedules and personal time off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
by Mike Buerger
By: Mike Buerger
You’re shipping a car for the first time. You were smart enough to research the various shipping companies and methods, but are not sure you have all of the details. That’s not unusual. There are some obscure shipment standards when it comes to moving cars that you may not be privy to. To help ease the anxiety around these unknowns, we’ve compiled some practical advice for first-time vehicle movers.
#1 Do not use your car as a shipping container
Stuffing your vehicle full of boxes and furniture may seem like an obvious benefit to shipping a car, especially when relocating. It may feel like you’ve just discovered a great transport hack when you first consider it, but unfortunately, most transporters do not allow it. Storing any personal items in your vehicle during transport increases the risk of theft, which creates a liability issue for the driver moving your vehicle (insurance does not cover these items). In addition to this, packing any personal things into a car makes the vehicle heavier. This results in lower fuel economy and higher costs. Commercial trucks adhere to weight restrictions according to the class of truck and trailer. If every car on a 9-car hauler had a few hundred pounds extra in it, the total weight can be off by thousands of pounds which drivers will be fined for. The extra costs would, undoubtedly, find their way back to you, the vehicle owner. Remember that most transporters will only move empty vehicles and save yourself both the time, and headache, of unpacking your car at the last minute.
#2 Remove your toll passes
While we just discussed the importance of not leaving personal items in your vehicle, this is one that’s often overlooked. Toll passes will get scanned, and charged, if your vehicle is in an open trailer. Don’t forget to take any toll passes with you when your vehicle is picked up for transport. While companies like EZ Pass will reimburse you for charges that accumulate when your vehicle is being moved, it’s definitely extra work on your part to get that resolved. Save yourself the time and the unnecessary frustration.
#3 Plan accordingly
Today, we’re all used to Amazon-level logistics. However, shipping a vehicle is a completely different animal than shipping a package. Vehicle transport trailers, along with their skilled operators, aren’t as commonplace on the road as freight. There aren’t distribution centers blanketing the country like you’ll see with package logistics. Car haulers have to cover a lot of ground and pick up as many vehicles as possible in order to stay competitive, which makes hitting exact pick-up and drop-off times difficult. Giving yourself a multi-day window of time where you can be available to handle your vehicle delivery will help greatly.
Personal vehicles are among the most expensive and important things you can own, so it is natural to be anxious about shipping. Autosled was created to solve the complications of vehicle shipments, while providing transparency and convenience. Our digital marketplace is powered by proprietary technology that connects shippers and transporters like never before. Let our network move your car quickly and safely. Get a free quote today!
by Mike Buerger
Who is Autosled?
Autosled provides dealers, transporters, auctioneers, brokers, and individuals that are relocating with seamless, efficient, and digital vehicle transport options. New and used cars, trucks, motorcycles, classic and luxury vehicles are all regularly shipped nationwide.
Autosled’s team is comprised of local and remote members collaborating closely on rapidly evolving products and internal solutions. We help our AutoSled teammates navigate the complexities of high volume automotive shipping, provide our customers reliable and transparent services via web and mobile apps, and empower transporters with increased bookings and fast payment.
Training and Implementation Specialist
We are seeking a highly engaging individual that will help train and support new and existing business customers of our web/mobile application features and services. This role will be responsible for product demonstrations and onboarding of new users into our network while upholding excellent customer satisfaction levels. You will also instruct and train internal team members of new features, functions of our administrative tools and services. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to maintain a contemporary and extensive knowledge of the products, capabilities, and processes.
Who We’re Looking For
You should possess the ability to quickly learn the company’s evolving products and services, fostering relationships and teaching non-technical customers and internal team members. You should be driven to work independently and in a collaborative environment, reliably meet expectations and demonstrate excellent customer service.
What’s In It for You
Autosled is a strongly backed startup on an exciting trajectory with diverse and experienced leadership to draw upon. As a member of our team you’ll have regular exposure to top emerging technology and the opportunity to learn and create in a rapidly evolving space. Benefits include healthcare, 401k, stock options, companywide success bonus, paid vacation, remote work flexibility and competitive base compensation.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform product demonstrations and articulate the benefits of Autosled’s products and services
- Assist customer onboarding including company and user setup, training, and support
- Build, monitor and manage ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Create, review and update product documentation, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Quick Guides, Videos, and other related training materials
- Conduct regular training for internal and external users for new and changed features
- Collect and relay product challenges from customers, escalating to appropriate internal channels
- Provide recommendations and/or solutions on how to mitigate future risks and issues
- Identify and communicate product, process and service optimization opportunities
- Meet with clients onsite or remote via video conference for sales and instructional presentations
- Other related duties as identified by leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years of related product management or sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment with multiple departments and disciplines
- Comfort and adaptability for continuous change and multitasking
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency and the ability to accurately enter data, create presentations and generate reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workspace (ex: Microsoft Excel or Google sheets)
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule (3 days per week in office and 2 days per week remote)
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira
- Previous experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales
- Prior experience in account management
- Microsoft powerpoint and Google slides experience
- Automotive (Dealership and Wholesale) experience
- Understanding of instructional design and evaluation methodologies
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockville, MD 20852: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rockville, MD 20852
Autosled is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.